22nd Annual Conference in Washington, D.C.
Download the program book for registration rates and policies, conference schedule, and a full list of sessions.
The 22nd Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health
Conference theme: Promoting Student Mental Health and Positive School Climate
October 19th-21st, 2017
Gaylord National Resort and Conference Center, 201 Waterfront St., National Harbor, MD 20745
Hosted by the Center for School Mental Health (funded in part by the Health Resources and Services Administration) and the National Community of Practice on Collaborative School Behavioral Health
The annual conference offers speakers and participants numerous opportunities to advance knowledge and skills related to school mental health practice, research, training, and policy. The conference features nine specialty tracks, including six practice group topics, as well as the three tiers of mental health services. The conference emphasizes a shared school-family-community agenda to bring high quality and evidence-based mental health promotion, prevention, and intervention to students and families. Approximately 1,200 people attend this conference including clinicians, educators, administrators, youth and family members, researchers, primary care providers, advocates, and other youth-serving professionals.
Our room block at the conference hotel, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, is sold out. Attendees may book a room at the Gaylord at the standard rate or at one of the overflow hotel options listed below. We are in the process of securing additional overflow hotel options and will update this list as we confirm those arrangements.
The Alexandrian (Marriott), Alexandria, VA
- Conference rate of $220 per night (plus room tax) available until October 2, 2017 or until the room block is sold out.
- Call 703-549-6080 and use the group code "2017 Advancing School Mental Health Conference Overflow Block" for the conference rate or make your reservation online.
- The conference rate includes complimentary shuttle service to and from the Gaylord Convention Center and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, wifi, and breakfast for one.
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor, National Harbor, MD
- Conference rate of $259 per night (plus room tax) available until September 22, 2017 or until the room block is sold out.
- Call 301-567-3531 and use the group code "UOM" for the conference rate or make your reservation online.
- The conference rate includes complimentary wifi and breakfast. The hotel is walking distance to the Gaylord Convention Center.
Harborside Hotel, Oxon Hill, MD
- Conference rate of $179 per night (plus room tax) available until September 26, 2017 or until the room block is sold out.
- Call 301-749-9400 and use the event name "University of Maryland Advancing School Mental Health Conference" for the conference rate.
- The hotel is located 2.3 miles away from the Gaylord Convention Center. Shuttle service to and from the Convention Center will be arranged for attendees.
Sponsor the 22nd Annual Conference
We offer various sponsorship levels for companies and organizations who want to support the Annual Conference and promote their brand or project to our estimated 1,200 attendees who are leaders in the field of school mental health. View our sponsorship menu to find the option that best meets your organization's needs.
Exhibit at the Conference
We also offer opportunities for organizations to exhibit and connect directly with our estimated 1,200 attendees. View our exhibit application for details.
Apply for our School Mental Health Youth Leadership Day!
Junior and senior high school students are eligible to apply for our School Mental Health Youth Leadership Day on Friday, October 20, 2017! Participants will learn about and discuss topics related to school mental health, while developing skill sets in leadership, advocacy, and personal development. Youth leaders will also be invited to discuss their views on school mental health services in their school and communities with their peers and adult partners. We encourage you to apply to be a part of this opportunity! Applications are due September 26, 2017.