National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH)
Welcome to the NCSMH:
The mission of the National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) is to strengthen policies and programs in school mental health to improve learning and promote success for America's youth. From its inception in 1995, the Center's leadership and interdisciplinary staff has promoted the importance of providing mental health services to children, adolescents, and families directly in schools and communities.
News and Resources:
- Information about the 2018 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health
- The NCSMH, in partnership with the School-Based Health Alliance, receives 5-Year federal award to lead school-based health services quality improvement and sustainability initiative.
- The NCSMH offers a free online platform, the School Health Assessment and Performance Evaluation System (The SHAPE System) to collect census data and help advance quality and sustainability in school mental health.
- Helping Students Cope with the Preparation And Aftermath of Hurricanes : The NCSMH compiled the following list of websites and free resources to help support youth, families, schools, and communities coping with hurricanes and other natural disasters.
- Download the School Mental Health Screening Playbook & School Mental Health Teaming Playbook