National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH)
Welcome to the NCSMH:
The mission of the National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) is to strengthen policies and programs in school mental health to improve learning and promote success for America's youth. From its inception in 1995, the Center's leadership and interdisciplinary staff has promoted the importance of providing mental health services to children, adolescents, and families directly in schools and communities.
News and Resources:
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for the 2019 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health in Austin, TX.
- The Mental Health Technology Transfer Center National School Mental Health Curriculum is now available!
- Registration open for the 2019 School Health Interdisciplinary Program (SHIP) conference in Columbia, MD.
- The NCSMH, in partnership with the School-Based Health Alliance, receives 5-Year federal award to lead school-based health services quality improvement and sustainability initiative.
- The NCSMH's free online platform, the School Health Assessment and Performance Evaluation System (The SHAPE System) collects census data and help advance quality and sustainability in school mental health- revised SHAPE website coming fall 2019!
- Download the School Mental Health Screening Playbook & School Mental Health Teaming Playbook to support school mental health work in your school or district!